Programming & Events Manager for Brighton & Hove Chamber of Commerce
Brighton Chamber is the central hub for businesses in the city and we’re getting bigger as more and more businesses use us to help them to grow.
We provide opportunities for our members to network, learn from one another and do business together, through our extensive and vibrant programme of networking and training events. Over the last two years we have extended and grown the programme to twice the size. Our current goal is, with more members than ever, to introduce new and different events.
If you enjoy being responsible for your own work, meeting and getting to know a diverse range of interesting people, learning about all areas of business and thinking creatively about how to help businesses, this is the job for you.
We are looking for a highly organised, bright, energetic and creative person to join our team to develop and run our events programme. You’ll need to have experience organising and managing events. Excellent communication and people skills are also very important in this role. If you have a passion for business and want to be right in the heart of it all, then this job is for you.
If you think you can do the following tasks, then we would like to hear from you:
• Design, develop and put on our busy programme of events (planning at least three months ahead)
• Identify interesting and relevant topics and speakers
• Prepare and manage budgets and ensure financial targets are met
• Play an active role in marketing the events
• Build relationships with event partners, sponsors, speakers and attendees
The position is full-time (with a six-month probationary period). The salary is £24,000 - £27,000 pa depending on experience.
We want to know:
1. Why do you want to work for Brighton Chamber?
2. What makes you perfect for the role?
Please apply by Friday 27th October (we will close applications if we recruit earlier)