Shoreham Port’s expanding infrastructure and property portfolio presents a unique opportunity to join the engineering team. You will assist the Engineering Maintenance Manager with a wide variety of projects in an exciting and rewarding environment.
Main Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting and deputising for the Engineering Manager
- Leading a small team of multi-skilled trades
- Undertaking planned and reactive maintenance of the property portfolio and critical infrastructure
- Carrying out remedial works and record keeping
- Promoting the Port’s safety culture through Risk Assessments, Method Statements, statutory responsibilities and company policies
- Assisting in the production of quotations, budgets and raising purchase orders
- Liaising with the Engineering Managers on work planning and delivery
- Other duties as directed by the Engineering Management Team
- Communication and teamwork skills essential
- Clear communication skills for internal and external bodies
- Ability to prioritise routine and corrective tasks
- Driving Licence
Other Desirable Skills:
- Knowledge/experience of construction and maintenance typical
of port infrastructure
- Awareness of plant and tool operation and maintenance
- Computer Literate (MS Office)
What you'll get from us:
- A competitive salary
- An exceptional defined benefit pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Funded training in a supportive environment and scope to progress within the company.
- Other wide-ranging benefits
Closing Date: 31st January 2019.
Please Note: Port staff are subject to random drug and alcohol testing and all successful candidates will be expected to comply with the Port’s policy.
For further details about this vacancy please download the full job description here.