GDPR and Brighton Chamber
- As part of our membership service, we need to retain the data you give us and allow our team access. We will keep hold of this data for the duration of your membership, unless otherwise requested.
- Upon cancellation, we will retain a limited amount of information for six years unless otherwise instructed. As well as other legal and accounting purposes, this is to allow us to provide the best service to you if you re-join and to allow us statistical insights into our membership cycles.
- As a member, we add you to our mailing list so that we can communicate your membership benefits and services. Please be aware that if you decide to unsubscribe, you may not hear about all aspects of your membership.
- Our emails are designed to be relevant and valuable to your business. Each week we’ll send you information about our events, business news and business support initiatives.
- If you are a member of Brighton Chamber we will continue to communicate with you until you unsubscribe so that we are able to provide membership services to you.
- If your membership lapses we'll keep you on our mailig list until you unsubscribe so that we can keep you in the loop with events, business news and business support.
- If you are not a member of Brighton Chamber, you can opt-in to our mailing list to receive our emails. You can do this here.
- Anyone can unsubscribe at any time using the link in every email.
Business partners and suppliers
- We are completing due diligence exercises to ensure all our suppliers who handle or have access to your data are GDPR compliant. Full details of these compliance statements will be available in due course.
How data is stored and used
- The data we keep enables us to run the Chamber and provide the best possible service to our members.
- The data we hold is stored on secure systems including our company website, email marketing software, CRM system, server, accounting software, direct debit provider and event ticket platform.
- We will not pass your data onto third parties unless explicitly stated or requested.
- You can contact us at any time to request your rights of access, rectification, portability, to object and request erasure or restriction.
- Please contact us to ask if you have any concerns over how you data is being handled.
- It’s your right to complain to the ICO if you see necessary.
- Our data protection officer is Bee Nicholls, she can be reached on email@example.com or 01273 719097
- We regularly train our staff team on our data processing policies to ensure your data is managed in the most secure and effective way.
- We will continue to update this page as we move towards compliance and our policies will be available on request.
Last updated: 22 May 2018